Parent/Carer Code Of Conduct
Created by Lisa Proctor
Code of Conduct - Parents/Carers
As a parent/carer I will:
- Be respectful towards Officials and Coaches at all times, even when I may not agree with their decisions.
- Encourage my child to behave with the same respectful behavior towards Officials and Coaches, even when my child may not agree with their decisions.
- Encourage my child to play within the rules.
- Support my child’s efforts and performance, giving only positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort and learning.
- Understand that competition is about winning and losing, so results are always accepted without undue disappointment.
- Remember that children learn best by example; I will applaud good play by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- Thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time for my child and not interfere with their decisions - I will encourage my child to give their best effort in any role that my child has been given in order to support the team.
- Help when asked by a coach or official.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
- Take responsibility for briefing other family members/supporters on the Capital Netball Code of Conduct for Parents, Carers & Supporters, and accept any consequences as a result of conduct in breach of this Code, by any accompanying family members/supporters.
As a parent/carer I will not:
- Pressure my child in any way; I know that this is their sport not mine.
- Criticise or ridicule my child for making a mistake or losing after the game.
- Force my child if they are unwilling to participate in the sport.
- Criticise or ridicule a Coach, Official, Player or spectator.
- Approach a Coach, Official or player during training, a match or tournament with any grievances whatsoever.
- Use inappropriate language.
- Use Social Media to bring the game or Capital Netball into disrepute or make an inappropriate comment about an athlete, coach, official, volunteer or committee member.
I understand and accept that Capital Netball Officials will address any breach of the expected conduct, and I accept that if such conduct is deemed to be a serious breach of this Code, that my child’s and/or family membership may be suspended or terminated without refund.
CHILD’S NAME(S): __________________________________________
NAME: ______________________ SIGNATURE: ______________________ DATE: _________