Youth Code Of Conduct
Created by Lisa Proctor
Code of Conduct - Youth Players
To help you and others in the netball family have fun, feel safe and enjoy netball, you are expected to agree to the following high standards of behaviour.
I will respect
- And play fairly to the rules, regulations and requirements of netball, including, but not limited to, any competitions in which I participate either directly, or indirectly.
- My team manager, coaches and officials and their decisions - I will listen and be coachable.
- Everyone involved in the game by displaying great sportsmanship whether I win or lose, and thank the other team and officials with a handshake or three cheers at the end.
- The rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in netball, regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
Netball is based on teamwork, therefore I will:
- Be on time, dressed appropriately and ready to give my full attention to the role I am carrying out within Netball.
- Ensure I respond to any correspondence regarding availability and let my coach/captain know if I cannot attend training or a competition.
- Recognise that everyone I play with will have different qualities and together we can make a great team.
- Be willing to play any role that helps the team.
- Welcome new members and show respect to everyone by being friendly, loyal and supportive to all in my team and my opponents.
People take part in netball to achieve and have fun, therefore I will;
- Refrain from any bullying, aggression, harassment or posting anything unfriendly, hurtful or inappropriate on social media, chat rooms or text.
- Report any behaviour or situation that I feel uncomfortable or upset about to my league safeguarding officer or an adult I trust.
- Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate in a fair and honest environment.
- Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse of officials, coaches, spectators or participants, or deliberating distracting or provoking a participant, coach or official is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in netball.
- Enjoy the game and ensure others can also enjoy it.
I understand and accept that Capital Netball Officials will address any breach of the expected conduct, and I accept that if such conduct is deemed to be a serious breach of this Code, that my child’s and/or family membership may be suspended or terminated without refund.
Player’s Name: ________________ Signature: ________________ Date: ___________
Parent/Carer’s Name: ______________ Signature: _________________ Date: __________