An old adage states: "Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand." The last part of this statement is the essence of inquiry-based learning. This workshop will show parents the various teaching strategies that Tarbiyah Academy teachers use to promote inquiry in the classroom. Some of the topics discussed/covered are:
- How do students learn to ask questions?
- How do students discover the concepts behind the Unit of Inquiry?
- What does inquiry look like in Math, Science, ELA, and Social Studies?
- How is inquiry used to provide deep understanding?
- Inquiry & Differentiation.