Codes Of Conduct
GRYPHON YOUTH ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
Codes of Conduct & Disciplinary Guidelines
P.O. Box 1526 Forest City, NC 28043
Article I – Parents Code of Conduct
Section 1. Children have more need for example than criticism.
a. Remember, your child is involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, NOT YOURS.
b. Attempt to relieve the pressure of the competition, not increase it.
c. Be kind to your child’s coach and officials.
- The coach is a volunteer, giving of personal time to provide recreational activity for your child.
- The opponents are necessary friends. Without them your child could not participate.
d. Applaud good plays by your team AND by members of the opposing team.
- Do not openly question an official’s judgment and honesty.
- Officials are symbols of fair play, integrity and sportsmanship.
- Accept the results of the game.
e. Encourage your child to be gracious in victory and to turn defeat into victory by working towards
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory so that the result of each game is
accepted without undue disappointment.
f. No parent or fan will be allowed to coach a child or team from the stands.
Article II – Participants Code of Conduct
Section 1. No participant shall act in an un-sportsmanlike manner while on or near any playing field before,
during or between games or practices.
a. Unsportsmanlike conduct by a participant includes but is not limited to:
- Use of disconcerting acts or words.
- Disrespectfully addressing coaches, team moms, or official’s decisions.
- Show disgust with coaches, team moms, or official’s decisions.
- Using profane, insulting language, gestures, baiting or taunting any other participants.
- Making any contact, including spitting, with any other participant which is deemed unnecessary
and/or incites roughness.
Article III – Disciplinary Guidelines & Violations
Section 1. Any person witnessing misconduct from any GYAA parent, coach, team mom, board of directors
member, or spectator during a GYAA event, should report the incident to the Sports Commissioner of that specific
sport or the President of the Board of Directors.
a. If any adult associate with GYAA is found guilty of misconduct in any way, at games or practice sites,
etc. included but not limited to:
- Using abusive language
b. The Board of Directors for GYAA will take immediate action and will not tolerate any violation of
c. Any coach failing to fulfill their duties as coach, fail to support the goals of GYAA, or conduct
themselves in a manner detrimental to the image of GYAA, will be subject to but not limited to:
d. The Board of Directors reserves the right on a case by case basis to determine the punishment for any
violation outlined above or any conduct deemed unsportsmanlike.
- Any punishment given for any violation will be voted on by The Board of
Directors at the next scheduled quarterly meeting.